Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pinterest Action: Oreo Turkeys


Once again, challenging myself to make not only make pinning things on Pinterest a sport, but to kick it up a notch and gather the materials and follow through.  

This year at my moms I was once again in charge of the name tags/place setting cards.  
I decided to do the Oreo turkey thing and get my Pinterest on!


Items needed: 
Oreoes
Whoppers
Candy Corn
Peanut butter cup minis
black frosting
red and yellow frosting optional (I skipped the eyes, gobbler, and legs)

I squirted a little black frosting in between the cookie and gently placed the candy corn into the Oreo.  

I used the black frosting to glue the two Oreoes together and then let them set against the kitchen wall like so.  I then continued on with the rest of the items.


And here is the actual instructions from the Our Best Bites Website.  Here is their picture because mine didn't turn out as cute.

theirs

mine


My review of this pin:  It was putsy and time consuming and too hard for the kids to do because the oreos cracked when putting the candy corn in and the letting them sit so careful to dry required too much patience.  They are adorable and more appropriate for a mama who has the desire and time :)

I think instead...I would just set out a tray of these and put my feet up!




4 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

I agree. Eating the ingredients sounds way better!

MOMOF2 said...

That is too darn funny!!! Gobble, gobble!!!

CB said...

Love the end of this post ... as I was reading I was thinking "cute" but in the back of my mind, I was just thinking about eating the Oreos :)

Raina and Andy said...

Ohhhhh that's what your email was about hahahahahahaha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails